Sometimes it is necessary to perform a complete uninstall on a laptop if they have previously had Lumi or IML ViewPoint installed. If the user is encountering issues that is not fixed by other methods we would choose a full uninstall.
The expected outcomes of the uninstall process is that the Services are remove but the folder locations remain. The following explains how to remove these to start afresh.
- Uninstall all Lumi \ IML programs and drivers from Programs and Features
- Check Services that all Lumi \ IML services are no longer present. If present see below bullets.
- Highlight the ServiceName and then click Stop
- Run a Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type the following after the arrow ->sc delete “ServiceName” NOTE: This command will error stating “the specified service does not exist as an installed service uninstall”, however it appears to be a necessary step.