The Multiple Choice question type which is available in Lumi ViewPoint provides a simple way of getting your participants to vote on a list of options, or choices. It forms the basis of several different types of question, which will be looked at throughout this tutorial.
- In the Lumi ViewPoint tab, press the top half of the Add New Question button
- Ensure Multiple Choice is selected as the Question Type
- Type the following into the Question box; Which region are you from?
- Click inside the Choices box
- Type the first choice; North
- Press Enter to go onto the next line and type the second choice; South
- Add East and West as the third and fourth choices
- Leave the Display Type as Bar Chart
- Press OK
Lumi ViewPoint adds a text box to the slide in the top, right-hand corner. This is called the Vote Prompt (seen above as “Vote Now”). The Vote Prompt only appears in Slide Show mode when a vote is open. The small box off the slide (in the bottom, right-hand corner) is called the Vote Trigger. Do not delete the trigger as votes will no longer run! Sample bars and data labels are added to give you an idea of the question’s look and feel, but these are not displayed when the presentation is run in Slide Show mode (results appear when the vote is closed).
10. Click in between the thumbnails for slides 1 and 2
11. Press the top half of the Add New Question button
12. Leave the Question Type as Multiple Choice and the Display Type as Bar Chart
13. Enter the following as the Question; How did you travel here today?
14. Enter the following 5 Choices;
15. Press OK
16. Save your presentation