In this article:
1. Slide Master
Before you begin creating your voting questions you should setup your slide master to ensure all slides are formatted the same way in the current presentation.
To get to the slide master:
- Open PowerPoint
- Go to the View tab in the PowerPoint ribbon
- In Master Views section select Slide Master
- ViewPoint questions and analysis slides in PowerPoint generally use the Title and Content or Title and Text slide layout. Pie charts use Title and 2-column text.
- From the Slide Master page you can select the default colours for different aspects of the voting question.
- Text/Background – Dark 1: Affects the font colour of both the title and option text, clock number and vote prompt
- Text/Background – Light 1: Affects background colour
- Accent 1: Affects default bars, vote control background, vote trigger background and the countdown clock background
- Accent 2: Affects 2nd bar in an analysis breakdown slide or pie segment
- Accent 3: Default tick colour for correct answer and 3rd bar in an analysis breakdown slide or pie segment
- You can also select the font style for both the question title and the option text
- Header font: Affects the question title
- Body font: Option font, bar data labels, numeric scale, numeric scale legend and labels, vote prompt, scoreboard places and scores and the countdown clock
- The slide master will be the default formatting when creating new questions however, on every slide you can go in a change any of the objects individually.
If you find any slides are automatically resizing then you will have to disable Autofit. Untick Auto fit in Preferences:
You may also be required to change the Text options in the slide master
- Right-click on border of text box within the master view
- Select Format Shape
- Click Text Options and select Text Box
- Set to Shrink text on overflow or Do Not Autofit
3. Ungrouping Objects
Ungrouping a ViewPoint object in PowerPoint provides additional flexibility for design, layout and custom animation, although be aware that after changes are made it can not be undone (i.e. regrouped).
However, at any time individual shapes and text boxes can be returned to a Group (and therefore controlled by Auto-fit rules) by selecting Reset to Default in Display Options.
Reviewed and Approved by Product Team