You require admin privileges in order to successfully install Lumi ViewPoint. To see whether you have administrative privileges on your computer:
If Administrator is displayed in the account type you have administrative privileges.
If you don't have administrator access, ask your network administrator to give you administrator privileges, or ask your network administrator to log in to your system as an administrator and install Lumi software. Standard Users can use the software once installed.
During the installation Lumi ViewPoint will search for the following pre-requisite software;
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Office Runtime
- Microsoft .net framework 4.5.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB
If not found then they will automatically download. If an error occurs, check your network settings and account privileges.
If you experience issues when installing please click see troubleshooting section or click here
To install the software
- Download the software from our website
- Run the .exe installer
- Windows may prompt you with a User Account Control message, press Yes to continue
- The installer wizard gives a summary of the version you are installing, press Next to continue
- The End User License Agreement is displayed, press I Agree to accept and continue installation
- Next the components that will be installed are displayed, by default the components that will be installed are;
- IML Click System
- Lumi Services
- Lumi ViewPoint
- When the installer is finished you will be given the options to run Lumi ViewPoint and to create a desktop shortcut. Leave both selected and Press Finish to close the installation window.
Note: If you do not run the application after installing then the addin will not have loaded. Double click on the Lumi ViewPoint icon to load the addin
To install the software as a silent install
Our Installers use NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) which is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Providing that the installer is stored in the temp directory, to run a silent install with our software the command is
c:\temp\”Lumi ViewPoint Installer v188.8.131.52.exe” /S
Reviewed and Approved by Product Team