Full administrator rights are required for installation of Lumi ViewPoint. Standard user accounts can be used to run Lumi ViewPoint after installation. See this article for more information
During the installation Lumi ViewPoint will search for the following pre-requisite software;
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Office Runtime
- Microsoft .net framework 4.5.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB
If not found then they will automatically download. If an error occurs, check your network settings and account privileges.
To install the software
- Download the software from our website.
- Run the .exe installer.
- WIndows may prompt you with a User Account Control message, press 'Yes' to continue.
- The installer wizard gives a summary of the version you are installing, press 'Next' to continue
- The End User License Agreement is displayed, press 'I Agree' to accept and continue installation.
- Next the components that will be installed are displayed, by default the components that will be installed are;
- IML Click System
- Lumi Services
- Lumi ViewPoint
- When the installer is finished you will be given the options to run Lumi ViewPoint and to create a desktop shortcut. Leave both selected and Press 'Finish' to close the installation window. If you do not run the application after installing then the addin will not have loaded. Double click on the Lumi ViewPoint icon to load the addin.
To install the software as a silent install
Our Installers use NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) which is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
To run a silent install with our software the command is simply
c:\temp\”Lumi ViewPoint Installer v220.127.116.11.exe” /S
Providing that the installer is stored in the temp directory.